We Can Help You With Your Head Of School Searches, International Faculty, and Non-Profit Senior Executive Leadership Searches
We believe that successful searches for your Head of School, Deputy Head, or Senior Director Positions in Academics, Admissions, or Fundraising, or Executive Director for a private - independent school is the culmination of hard work and taking all of the steps necessary to ensure success. Our success is based on our process for identifying, screening, evaluating, and recruiting quality candidates.
For quality results, filling a Head of School or Senior Executive position must involve establishing a good relationship, not just a hiring transaction.
By combining the rigorous search protocols of the business world with sensitivity to the unique mission of not-for-profits, we help our clients find quality leadership for their organizations based on their needs and values.
We will assist in searches for leaders in Private Schools and Non-Profits including:
- Head of School
- Division Heads
- Directors of Development, Admissions, Marketing, etc.
- Executive Directors of Non-Profits
- Faculty at International Schools
To find out more about the structure of HEG's successful search process, please click here.
- Senior Administration Searches
- Assistance in creating a working description (profile) of the School or Non-Profit organization, its goals and the role of the next Head/CEO and/or other Senior Executives
- Assisting with assembling your search committee
- Search planning and preparation
- Preparation of advertising and other promotion strategies
- Guidance in screening and interviewing, and review the references
- Putting together your communication's plan
- Head of School Evaluations
- Head of School Compensation
- Deferred Compensation Planning
Halladay Education Group's search services for Heads of Schools are structured on the executive search model, frequently used by businesses to hire CEOs. Each school is itself a complex business organization. As we seek to assure exceptional leadership for its school clients, we systematically seek candidates who combine capable administrative skills and outstanding management abilities with proven educational leadership experience.
We also provide searches for Senior- and Mid-Level Administrators in our private - independent school and non-profit searches. As our consulting firm seeks to provide exceptional leadership for its schools and non-profit organizations, we aggressively seek out candidates who combine strong administrative skills and excellent management abilities with capable educational leadership experience.
Halladay Education Group conducts Senior, Mid-level, and Head of School searches for Independent Schools and Non-Profit Organizations in Canada and the USA. In these searches we look for qualified leaders who meet the position's desired needs profile and qualifications.
If you or someone you know would be interested in a Head of School or Senior- or Mid-Level search, contact Halladay Education Group at phone 1-604-868-0002 or email .
Halladay Education Group seeks the highest level of candidates both personally and professionally. The private - independent schools and non-profits we serve vary greatly. These are senior positions, usually for Heads of School or Senior Administrative Positions. It is therefore required that prospective candidates can demonstrate knowledge/experience in the following areas:
- Recent professional experience within the age range 3 to 19 years (HEG does not handle college level appointments)
- Experience of more than one type of curriculum are frequently preferred (e.g. Canadian, U.S., International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement, Special Needs, U.K.)
- Occasionally, fluency in a foreign language is required, and in many other instances it is considered advantageous.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
- Prior school or non-profit experience (many schools and non-profits seeking administrative candidates will only give serious consideration to those with previous experience)
- A higher degree (many international schools prefer administrative candidates to have a higher degree)
Our Senior Associates have been involved in searches for the following schools and positions:
- Lax Kw'alaams, Prince Rupert, BC - Head of School Search
- Aspengrove School, Nanaimo, BC - Head of School Search
- West Point Grey Academy, Vancouver, BC - Head of School Search
- Stratford Hall, Burnaby, BC - Head of School Search
- Island Pacific Academy, Kapolei, HI - Head of School Search
- Queen Margaret's School, Duncan, BC - Deputy Head of School
- Queen Margaret's School, Duncan, BC - Director of Residence
- Queen Margaret's School, Duncan, BC - Director of Admissions and Marketing
- Fraser Academy, Vancouver, BC - Assistant Head of School
- Fraser Academy, Vancouver, BC - Business Manager
Various Faculty and Department Chairs searches including:
- International School of Syria
- Dalian Maple Leaf International High School
- British Columbia Canadian International School of Cairo
- International School of Ulaanbaatar
- Fraser Academy
- Queen Margaret's School
- West Point Grey Academy
- British Columbia Canadian International School of Cairo
- International School Songdo
To find out more about how I can help you with your Head of School or Non-Profit Senior Leadership Searches, please contact us.
I look forward to learning more about your institution and helping to make your goals a reality.
If you are interested in our private school consulting services and would like to receive written material about HEG, or would like to discuss your particular needs, please contact Doug Halladay directly to find out more about our services. You can set this up by sending him an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling directly at 1-604-868-0002. I also invite you to continue browsing my web site by clicking on Our Service.
|To your success,
Douglas Halladay, B.A., B.ED., M.A.
President and Founder
Halladay Education Group Inc.
|| Visit our Inner Circle Blog and read past issues of my Inner Circle eNewsletter.
|| Follow HEG on Twitter for new announcements
|| Link up with HEG on LinkedIn
|| Join HEG on Facebook
Back to top